Types of hosting services
A hosting solution means keeping and/or sharing particular content on a server handled by a web hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to create a weblog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given hosts, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incongruous explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between separate hosts of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large quantity of pictures with mates or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to administering your e-mailbox accounts. Some corporations offer webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you desire to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to have as many videos as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a web site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mails, upload videos, and so on. At AIDA Host, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content only.